Thursday, September 14, 2006

So, Zune Me!


photo courtesy of stereogum

I'm not crazy about the name (read: I absolutely hate the name. Zune?? Whose idea was that?), but I'm willing to give Microsoft a shot.

Today, Microsoft unveiled the intimate details about their new MP3 player, Zune, which is expected to compete with Apple's iPod. I'm going to try to be an educated consumer and wait it out until I can actually use one, but thus far, while the Zune offers some pretty amazing features which Apple (and other MP3 producers) have failed to produce in the past. Personally, I'm drawn to the verticle/horizontal full color screen and Wireless Technology.

Stereogum gives us a great rundown of pros and cons.

Rumor has it that Zune will be released on November 14th of this year - just in time for the holiday rush. Oh, Microsoft, you're so predictable.

No comments: